West Sacramento Opportunity Zone
Southport Business Park Development Incentive Program
Businesses or developers interested in constructing new buildings are eligible for reduced permit fees within West Sacramento's Southport Business Park. Southport Business Park offers shovel-ready parcels from 1-40 acres, zoned for business offices and industrial uses.
Regional Sewer Connection/Impact Fee Incentives
Businesses can receive a 15 – 50% reduction of their connection fee for creating new full-time jobs. For more information, please visit the Confluence Regional Partnership Program website.
PG&E Electric Rate Incentive
PG&E’s Economic Development Rate (EDR) allows qualified commercial and industrial businesses to receive a 12% reduction in the published electric rate. Small businesses that have electric demands of less than 150 kW can qualify now under the new small business program. For more information, please view the fact sheet. To apply, contact Economic Development.
Port of West Sacramento Foreign Trade Zone #143
West Sacramento is part of a General Purpose Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) associated with the Port of West Sacramento. Companies in the FTZ may be eligible to defer payment of customs duties and federal excise taxes until merchandise is transferred from the foreign trade zone. Call (916) 617-4535 for more information.
Recycling Market Development Zone
The City is part of the Sacramento Regional Recycling Market Development Zone (RMDZ). Recycling-based manufacturers are eligible to apply for technical, marketing and financial assistance including low interest loans. Call us at (916) 617-4535 for more information.
- Assistance and Incentives
- $90 million in CalCompetes Tax Credits Available
- Online Application available January 2022
- Eligible businesses planning to create full-time jobs may apply
- 25% of funding each fiscal year reserved for small businesses
- Exemption of 4.19% sales or use tax for equipment
- For equipment placed in service July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2030
- Administered by California State Board of Equalization
- A 35% credit for every $1 of wages paid above $13.50 per hour for up to 5 years
- Eligible employees include long-term unemployed, veterans, recipients of assistance and federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), and ex-offenders
- Direct reimbursement to Employer for on-the-job training costs
- Up to a maximum of 200 hours per employee
- 15% tax credits available for businesses investing in research and development.